(1) Become a strong advocate for multiple-story redevelopment of sites especially in the Central District
The role of the BID in these matters is to develop a consistent and helpful position for the district. This work assists property owners and the City of New York to amenable solutions that will encourage redevelopment and retain 125th Street’s cultural heritage. This includes:
– Active liaison and partnering with the City of New York
– Proposing and coordinating direct subsidies for building redevelopment
– Proposing and coordinating density bonuses for cultural projects
(2) To develop a coordinated plan for infrastructure improvements including streetscape and signage to create an enjoyable shopping experience. This will include alternative waste management solutions.
(3) Expand the BID boundaries from Morningside to Twelfth Avenue on 125th Street
(4) Encourage existing retailers to enhance their businesses and make improvements to meet the demands of the emerging market.
(5) Promote 125th Street as a great location for local and national retailers to do business.