November 21, 2020 at 8:15 pm #13191witenbergParticipant
Scenario-Based Development of Human-Computer Interaction
by Mary Beth Rosson, John Millar Carroll
- Format: hardcover, 448 pages
- Language: english
- Author: Mary Beth Rosson, John Millar Carroll
- ISBN: 9781558607125 (1558607129)
- Publisher: Morgan Kaufmann Publishers
- Release date: October 12, 2001
About The Book
You don’t need to be convinced. You know that usability is key to the success of any interactive system-from commercial software to B2B Web sites to handheld devices. But you need skills to make usability part of your product development equation. How will you assess your users’ needs and preferences? How will you design effective solutions that are grounded in users’ current practices? How will you evaluate and refine these designs to ensure a quality product?
“Usability Engineering: Scenario-Based Development of Human-Computer Interaction” is a radical departure from traditional books that emphasize theory and address experts. This book focuses on the realities of product development, showing how user interaction scenarios can make usability practices an integral part of interactive system development. As you’ll learn, usability engineering is not the application of inflexible rules; it’s a process of analysis, prototyping, and problem solving in which you evaluate tradeoffs, make reasoned decisions, and maximize the overall value of your product.
* Written by prominent HCI educators who understand how to teach usability practices to students and professional developers.
* Interleaves HCI theory and concepts with a running case study demonstrating their application.
* Gradually elaborates the case study to introduce increasingly sophisticated usability engineering techniques.
* Analyzes usability issues in realistic scenarios that describe existing or envisioned systems from the perspective of one or more users.
* Emphasizes the real world of usability engineering-a world in which tradeoffs must be weighed and difficult decisions made to achieve desired results.
* Includes a companion Web site which provides additional case studies in a multimedia format, along with a Java application for creating and editing scenarios. This site also provides instructors with sample syllabi, lecture slides and notes, in-class exercises, solutions to textbook exercises, additional project ideas, and links to other HCI resources.
EPUB ebook Usability Engineering buy. PDF Usability Engineering by Mary Beth Rosson iOS on Booktopia. Hardcover book Usability Engineering download on Book Depository. Online Usability Engineering Mary Beth Rosson read for iPad. FictionBook ebook Usability Engineering by Mary Beth Rosson.
Hardback book Usability Engineering read online on iPhone on Audible. FB2 Usability Engineering Mary Beth Rosson download. MP3 ebook Usability Engineering buy cheap PocketBook on Books-a-Million. TXT book Usability Engineering by Mary Beth Rosson buy cheap on IndieBound. MOBI book Usability Engineering for Mac.
Paperback ebook Usability Engineering download on reader on Bookshop. Paperback Usability Engineering Mary Beth Rosson read. MP3 ebook Usability Engineering buy on Amazon. Hardback Usability Engineering by Mary Beth Rosson download on Kindle. PDF book Usability Engineering read online Android.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.