• ISBN: 9781555974114 (1555974112)
    • Publisher: Graywolf Press
    • Genres: fiction, american, novels
    • Release date: November 1, 2004
    • Language: english
    • Format: paperback, 208 pages
    • Author: Percival Everett

About The Book

An exceptional new collection of short stories by Percival Everett, author of the highly praised and wickedly funny novel Erasure

People are just naturally hopeful, a term my grandfather used to tell me was more than occasionally interchangeable with stupid.

A cop, a cowboy, several fly fishermen, and a reluctant romance novelist inhabit these revealing and often hilarious stories. An old man ends up in a high-speed car chase with the cops after stealing the car that blocks the garbage bin at his apartment building. A stranger gets a job at a sandwich shop and fixes everything in sight: a manual mustard dispenser, a mouthful of crooked teeth, thirty-two parking tickets, and a sexual-identity problem.

Percival Everett is a master storyteller who ingeniously addresses issues of race and prejudice by simultaneously satirizing and celebrating the human condition.

MOBI Damned if I Do Percival Everett read online for reader. EPUB book Damned if I Do download on IndieBound. Paperback ebook Damned if I Do on Android on Bookshop.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.