• Format: paperback, 108 pages
    • Language: english
    • Author: Stuart Ross McCallum
    • ISBN: 9780595487059 (059548705X)
    • Release date: May 4, 2008
    • Genres: memoir, medicine
    • Publisher: iUniverse

About The Book

Stuart Ross McCallum shares a true account of his battle with epilepsy-beginning with the peculiar sensations he experienced as a teenager that led to his diagnosis and concluding with his eventual recovery from a temporal lobe lobectomy. McCallum vividly describes his twenty-year journey of living with epilepsy and how this unpredictable disease has not only impacted his life but the lives of everyone around him. For years he operated a business and managed his staff while battling an ever-increasing number of seizures. As his condition worsened and his postseizure responses became more intense, he was often prone to violent outbursts that threatened his safety as well as the safety of those in his inner circle. McCallum shares how the perception of the disease and the socially unacceptable behaviors that occurred as a result of his seizures eventually forced him to risk everything-he made the life-altering decision to undergo two brain operations that he hoped would provide freedom from a life of instability, danger, and stares from strangers.

“Beyond My Control” provides an honest, emotional look into a highly complex and often misunderstood condition and how one man’s perseverance helped him break through the darkness to find hope on the other side.

Paperback Beyond My Control Stuart Ross McCallum read on Mac. FictionBook book Beyond My Control buy cheap on Book Depository. MOBI ebook Beyond My Control by Stuart Ross McCallum download on Kobo. Online ebook Beyond My Control Kindle.

TXT Beyond My Control for iPhone. FB2 book Beyond My Control by Stuart Ross McCallum read online on Powells. Hardback Beyond My Control Stuart Ross McCallum buy for iOS on Amazon. Hardcover book Beyond My Control download.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.