• ISBN: 9780810119093 (0810119099)
    • Genres: poetry, russia, classics, literature
    • Author: Boris Pasternak, Mark Rudman, Bohdan Boychuk
    • Awards: Kääntäjäkarhu (2004)
    • Release date: October 24, 2001
    • Publisher: Northwestern University Press
    • Format: paperback, 116 pages

About The Book

Boris Pasternak, the Nobel laureate and author of Doctor Zhivago, composed one of the world’s great love poems in My Sister — Life. Written in the summer of 1917, the cycle of poems focuses on personal journeys and loves but is permeated by the tension and promise of the impending October Revolution.

Osip Mandelstam wrote: “To read the poems of Pasternak is to get one’s throat clear, to fortify one’s breathing… I see Pasternak’s My Sister — Life as a collection of magnificent exercises in breathing … a cure for tuberculosis.” This English translation, rendered with verve and intelligence by Mark Rudman, is a heady gust that matches the intensity and power of the original Russian text.

Hardcover ebook My Sister – Life by Boris Pasternak read online PocketBook on Book Depository. MOBI book My Sister – Life buy cheap. FB2 My Sister – Life Boris Pasternak.

Online ebook My Sister – Life download for Mac on Books-a-Million. PDF My Sister – Life Boris Pasternak on iOS on IndieBound. FictionBook book My Sister – Life buy.

TXT book My Sister – Life by Boris Pasternak download on Android. Paperback ebook My Sister – Life read on Barnes & Noble. MP3 My Sister – Life for PC on Booktopia.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.