November 10, 2020 at 12:08 pm #8630witenbergParticipant
Primal Body, Primal Mind
Beyond Paleo for Total Health and a Longer Life
by Nora Gedgaudas
- Author: Nora Gedgaudas
- Format: paperback, 416 pages
- Publisher: Healing Arts Press
- Genres: health, nutrition, food, diets, science, fitness, cooking, reference
- Release date: May 27, 2011
- ISBN: 9781594774133 (1594774137)
- Language: english
About The Book
Combining your body’s Paleolithic needs with modern nutritional and medical research for complete mind-body wellness
• Provides sustainable diet strategies to curb sugar cravings, promote fat burning and weight loss, reduce stress and anxiety, improve sleep and moods, increase energy and immunity, and enhance memory and brain function
• Shows how our modern diet leads to weight gain and “diseases of civilization” — such as cancer, osteoporosis, metabolic syndrome, heart disease, and ADD
• Explains how diet affects the brain, hormone balance, and the aging process and the crucial role of vitamin D in cancer and disease prevention
Examining the healthy lives of our pre-agricultural Paleolithic ancestors and the marked decline in stature, bone density, and dental health and the increase in birth defects, malnutrition, and disease following the implementation of the agricultural lifestyle, Nora Gedgaudas shows how our modern grain- and carbohydrate-heavy low-fat diets are a far cry from the high-fat, moderate-protein hunter-gatherer diets we are genetically programmed for, leading not only to lifelong weight gain but also to cravings, mood disorders, cognitive problems, and “diseases of civilization” — such as cancer, osteoporosis, metabolic syndrome (insulin resistance), heart disease, and mental illness.
Applying modern discoveries to the basic hunter-gatherer diet, she culls from vast research in evolutionary physiology, biochemistry, metabolism, nutrition, and chronic and degenerative disease to unveil a holistic lifestyle for true mind-body health and longevity. Revealing the primal origins and physiological basis for a high-fat, moderate-protein, starch-free diet and the importance of adequate omega-3 intake — critical to our brain and nervous system but sorely lacking in most people’s diets — she explains the nutritional problems of grains, gluten, soy, dairy, and starchy vegetables; which natural fats promote health and which (such as canola oil) harm it; the crucial role of vitamin D in cancer and disease prevention; the importance of saturated fat and cholesterol; and how diet affects mental health, memory, cognitive function, hormonal balance, and cellular aging. With step-by-step guidelines, recipes, and meal recommendations, this book offers sustainable strategies for a primally based, yet modern approach to diet and exercise to reduce stress and anxiety, lose weight, improve sleep and mood, increase energy and immunity, enhance brain function, save money on groceries, and live longer and happier.
Paperback book Primal Body, Primal Mind buy for reader on Book Depository. FB2 ebook Primal Body, Primal Mind Nora Gedgaudas. PDF Primal Body, Primal Mind read online Android on Kobo.November 10, 2020 at 12:22 pm #8632
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.