November 3, 2020 at 10:29 pm #7645witenbergParticipant
A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption
by Laura Hillenbrand
- Language: english
- ISBN: 9781400064168 (1400064163)
- Publisher: Random House
- Release date: November 16, 2010
- Characters: Louie Zamperini, Russell Allen Phillips, Pete Zamperini, Stanley Pillsbury, Harry Brooks
- Format: hardcover, 492 pages
- Author: Laura Hillenbrand
- Awards: Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Biography (2010), Pennsylvania Young Readers’ Choice Award Nominee for Young Adults (2014), Indies Choice Book Award for Nonfiction (2011), Dayton Literary Peace Prize Nominee for NonFiction (2011), Lincoln Award Nominee (2015)
- Genres: history, biography, war, historical, memoir
About The Book
In her long-awaited new book, Laura Hillenbrand writes with the same rich and vivid narrative voice she displayed in Seabiscuit. Telling an unforgettable story of a man’s journey into extremity, Unbroken is a testament to the resilience of the human mind, body, and spirit. On a May afternoon in 1943, an Army Air Forces bomber crashed into the Pacific Ocean and disappeared, leaving only a spray of debris and a slick of oil, gasoline, and blood. Then, on the ocean surface, a face appeared. It was that of a young lieutenant, the plane’s bombardier, who was struggling to a life raft and pulling himself aboard. So began one of the most extraordinary odysseys of the Second World War.
The lieutenant’s name was Louis Zamperini. In boyhood, he’d been a cunning and incorrigible delinquent, breaking into houses, brawling, and fleeing his home to ride the rails. As a teenager, he had channeled his defiance into running, discovering a prodigious talent that had carried him to the Berlin Olympics and within sight of the four-minute mile. But when war had come, the athlete had become an airman, embarking on a journey that led to his doomed flight, a tiny raft, and a drift into the unknown.
Ahead of Zamperini lay thousands of miles of open ocean, leaping sharks, a foundering raft, thirst and starvation, enemy aircraft, and, beyond, a trial even greater. Driven to the limits of endurance, Zamperini would answer desperation with ingenuity; suffering with hope, resolve, and humor; brutality with rebellion. His fate, whether triumph or tragedy, would be suspended on the fraying wire of his will.
Hardback ebook Unbroken on Kindle. TXT Unbroken Laura Hillenbrand buy cheap on Books-a-Million. EPUB book Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand read PC.
Hardcover Unbroken download on Booktopia. FB2 ebook Unbroken buy on Kobo. Online book Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand for iPhone.November 3, 2020 at 10:49 pm #7648
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.